About the Role
• Diagnosing and repairing climate control systems, refrigeration units, and beverage equipment.
• Observing and testing newly installed systems.
• Troubleshooting refrigeration equipment failures.
• Maintaining service truck stock levels.
• Replacing faulty parts of any commercial refrigeration, cooking, and other kitchen equipment.
• Informing clients of repair costs and alternate cooling options.
High school diploma.
Previous experience as a refrigeration technician or HVAC/refrigeration technical school graduate.
HVAC certification preferred.
Braising and soldering skills.
Knowledge of local building codes helpful.
Ability to read and interpret basic equipment schematics.
Mechanical and diagnostic skills.
Good communication and writing skills.
Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
Able to lift heavy equipment with assistance.